Luna

Crate-trainedFemaleGood with dogsGood with kidsmatureNeeds a fenceNeeds another dog
Published: May 1, 2011

I've Been Adopted!

Gender: Female

Age: 8

Luna could get along with anybody or any animal. Sheโ€™s very friendly and sweet โ€“ even with strangers.

Check out Luna with her friend, Ben:

From Luna's foster Mom: We've been dogsitting a lot this summer, so Luna has interacted with just about every kind of dog there is - from a 7lbs Miniature Pinscher to a 150lbs Bernese Mt. Dog. She's such a good host, sharing her bed and crate, trying out the guests crate and playing with them. Her favorite friend is still our dog Frank though, they play very sweet together! She has the "sit and stay" for her food now down too. I put the food down in front of her and her tail is wagging like crazy and it looks like it takes everything she has not to jump at the food. But she can contain herself and only starts eating when I say "go ahead". She's also one of the sweetest dogs I've ever seen with my 19month old toddler. At that age they try to be gentle, but really aren't - and she just lets him do whatever he wants to her. Usually the dogs just walk away, but she doesn't even do that, she just sits there and lets him. We're also working on crate training her, she loves her crate about 90% of the time. The other 10% I think are due to her not getting enough affection or exercise beforehand. A quick run on the treadmill (which she loves) should take care of that. ๐Ÿ™‚ She's a good mix between liking to run and vegging out on her bed.

No Comments Yet.

Leave a comment