What's Covered in the Adoption Fee?
People often want to know why B.R.E.W. charges an adoption fee and what that fee is for. Effective 1 March 2017, the adoption fee is $300. We charge this amount because we spend a lot of money to get each beagle ready to go to their new home. We last raised in 2012, and veterinary prices have risen each year since. In many circumstances, the fee does not cover everything especially when dentals are done or other treatments are provided.
Below is what's covered.
For Adult Beagles
- Boarding/Food (while being spayed/neutered)
- Heartworm/Lyme/Erhlichia/Anaplasmosis Test
- Fecal Test
- Microchip implant (for id purposes)
- Any treatment deemed necessary by our vet
For Beagle Pups
- Shots, until time of adoption
- Deworming, until time of adoption
- Microchip implant (for ID purposes)